Judith P. Rodden, J.D., B.A.
Ms. Rodden is a partner in the law firm of Pozzuolo Rodden, P.C. Mr. Rodden received her law degree from the Beasley School of Law of Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science/Public Administration from West Chester University, West Chester, Pennsylvania. Prior to practicing law, Ms. Rodden assisted families in financing post-secondary education as a student financial aid administrator.
Ms. Rodden focuses her practice in all matters of Family Law in Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties as well as in Southern New Jersey with extensive experience in the following areas:
- Equitable Distribution of Marital Assets
- Child Support
- Custody and grandparent visitation
- Alimony pendente lite and spousal support
- Civil Unions and Domestic Partnership (New Jersey)
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Appellate practice in family law in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey
Some highlights of complex issues handled by Ms. Rodden include:
- The validity of a foreign marriage
- Valuation and division of business assets
- The impact of substantial income tax debt on the division of marital assets
- Severance pay – marital asset or income
- Tracking and locating hidden marital assets
- Preventing dissipation of marital assets
- Complex child custody issues
Ms. Rodden is admitted to practice law before the following courts:
- The Supreme Court of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- The Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- The United States District Court for the State of New Jersey
Ms. Rodden has lectured before many professional and business organizations on a wide array of practice areas including:
- Nuts and Bolts Overview of Family Law for the Suburban General Practitioner with Ethics for the Division of Continuing Adult and Professional Studies of Neumann University, Aston, Pennsylvania.
- The Role of the CPA in Family Law for the Montgomery County Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- Pennsylvania and New Jersey After the Supreme Court Strikes Down DOMA for Lawline
Ms. Rodden was named one of Suburban Life Magazine’s Awesome Attorneys in 2012. Both the Philadelphia Life Magazine and the Suburban Life Magazine included Judith P. Rodden on their 2014, 2015 and 2016 Top Attorney list. This list is based on readers who vote to help these magazines compile a definitive list of the 275 keenest legal minds in the Philadelphia area.